Guam Client Assistance ProgramDisability Rights Defender Guam/Micronesia
Types of Services Offered: Disability Services, Information & Referral
- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
What is CAP?
The Client Assistance Program (CAP) is an advocacy program established under Section 112 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (Act). Each State and Territory of the United States has CAP to help individuals with disabilities get the services they need from program funded under the Act.
What CAP can do:
· Advise and inform individuals of all services and benefits available to them through programs authorized under the Act including vocational rehabilitation, independent living, supported employment and other similar rehabilitation services.
· Assist and advocate for individuals in their relationships with programs providing services under the Act.
· Inform individuals with disabilities of the services and benefits available to them under the Act and under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
Eligibility for CAP Services:
· You are eligible for all CAP services if you are applying for or receiving services from a program funded under the Act. Two of the commonly-used programs are the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program and the Independent Living (IL) program.
· You are eligible only for information and referral services if you are an individual with a disability who is not applying for or receiving services from a program funded under the Act.
Type of Services CAP can Provide:
CAP has the right to decide how its advocates best serve the individuals who need CAP services. This means that CAP is not required to provide every service to every individual. CAP makes these decisions after considering the fact and merits of the case, the needs of the client, and available resources. All services are free.
Dos Amantes Plaza Suite 206, Upper Tumon, GUAM, GUAM
1350 N. Marine Corps Drive, Suite 206, Upper Tumon , GUAM
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
services for persons with disabilities, client assistance