- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
GDOL offers FREE consultation service funded by Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). Employers are assisted to improve their occupational safety and health management systems, identify potential hazards at their worksites, and even qualify for a one-year exemption from routine OSHA inspection!
The On-site Consultants’ objective is to help businesses in keeping their employees safe by fostering safe working environments.
GDOL On-Site OSHA Consultants are well-trained professionals. Consultations take place on-site, though limited services away from the worksite are available. However, consultations cannot take place during an enforcement inspection, and may not take place until citations, if any, have been issued and become final orders. The services are primarily for smaller, high-hazard businesses. This service is completely separate from the federal OSHA inspection effort. NO CITATIONS are issued or NO PENALTIES proposed.
Confidentiality will be strictly maintained during the consultation process.
The consultation services are designed to help employers, including identifying imminent danger or serious hazards that require immediate attention and correction. Employers using the consultation service are deferred from OSHA’s scheduled inspections while the consultation remains “in progress.” This period encompasses the time between the onset of the consultation and the final correction dates, including any extensions.
The employer’s only obligation will be to commit to correcting serious job safety and health hazards – a commitment which is expected to be made prior to the actual visit and carried out in a timely manner. Note that the consultant is required to report any hazard information to OSHA if the employer fails to correct such issues.
The On-Site Consultant Will:
· Walk-through the worksite with the employer and employees;
· Review company injury and illness rates;
· Help identify hazards in the workplace;
· Identify kinds of help available for further assistance;
· Give detailed findings in a closing conference;
· Provide a written report summarizing findings;
· Assist the development or maintenance of an effective safety and health program;
· Provide training and education for the employer and employees;
· Issue citations or propose penalties for violations of OSHA standards;
· Report possible violations to OSHA enforcement staff;
· Guarantee that your workplace will “pass” an OSHA inspection.
414 West Soledad Avenue 8th Floor, GCIC Building, Hagatna, GUAM, GUAM
P.O. Box 9970 , Tamuning, GUAM, GUAM
1-671-300-4618/9 , 1-671-300-4620 (POC)
Gov Guam holidays
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Gov Guam holidays