Department of Public Health and Social Services - Bureau of Economic Security - Division of Public Welfare
Types of Services Offered: Public Assistance Services
Category: Government Local
- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
The Bureau of Economic Security plans, organizes, administers, directs and oversees the eligibility determination of the following programs:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Cash Assistance (OAA-Old Age Assistance, AB-Aid to the Blind, TANF-Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, APTD-Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled & GA-General Assistance)
- Medical Assistance (Medicaid and MIP) and
- Child Care Assistance (CCDF-Child Care Development Fund)
Certification Section (Southern, Central, & Northern)
Certification Staff screen client applications and conducts interviews for new, reopen and renewal applications; determines eligibility and need for expedited services.
Ensures the timely processing of over-the-counter requests and special payments for cash assistance through the direct payment process.
Program Management Section
Ensures effective and efficient administration through program monitoring and evaluation activities.
Administrative Support Section
The Administrative Support Section is responsible for personnel and administrative files, procuring supplies and materials, personnel management and providing administration and clerical support.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday