Superior Court of Guam - Teaching Healing and Recovery for Women In Violent Environment (THRIVE)
Phone: 1-671-475-3101, 1-671-475-3383
Types of Services Offered: Counseling Services, Information & Referral, Legal Advocacy & Resources, Support Services
Category: Government Local
- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
THRIVE: Teaching Healing and Recovery for Women In Violent Environments
THRIVE empowers women by providing education about family violence & opportunities to learn new strategies in life skills to support new life changes.
Why Learn About Family Violence?
• No one ever deserves to be abused and no one has a “right” to be abusive.
• Family Violence is the use of intimidation and fear to maintain power and control over a family
member. It can include physical abuse and it can also include any form of disrespectful behavior
against those claimed to be loved.
• Family Violence destroys the human spirit.
• Family Violence is learned behavior. It is behavior that CAN be changed.
Women Have A Right To...
· Be safe...
· Be happy...
· Believe in themselves...
· Have their own Identity...
· Be heard...
· Be taken seriously...
· Be treated with respect & kindness...
· Have peace of mind...
· Laugh, live and be themselves.
• Helps women understand that although everyone's experience is different, they are not alone.
• Provides a safe, confidential place to talk about your thoughts, feelings, experiences and get
information and/or support.
• Offers a woman a chance to discuss questions, confusion or fears about their relationships.
• Women are able to identify their strengths and goals, make sense of options, and be better able to
• Women are offered healthy ways for coping with overwhelming emotions.
Kelly Sukola, MA
Melissa Chargulaf, MSCP
120 West O'Brien Drive, Hagatna, GUAM
Must schedule an appointment for an assessment.
Length: 20 sessions
Client Services & Family Counseling Services,
120 West O’Brien Drive, Hagatna
Superior court, court, violence against women, judiciary, counseling services, legal advocacy, legal advocacy & resources, government local, family violence, domestic violence, domestic abuse, women empowerment